The growing use of technology across education systems and professional industries means all individuals will interact with a PDF document at one point or another. However, anyone who has tried to annotate or edit a PDF file understands just how difficult this can be. As a result, organizations are quickly turning to digital solutions that can support a streamlined PDF editing process.
We’re taking a closer look at the steps involved in editing documents online and the top solutions organizations can consider implementing to optimize the process moving forward.
Why a PDF Edit Can Be So Cumbersome
Have you ever wondered why PDF files are so burdensome to annotate or edit? The short answer is that they’re not designed to be edited. PDF files are rigid by nature to help ensure consistency across machines viewing them.
Because PDF editing is often more difficult than necessary, JotForm reports errors in PDF files are more common than you may think, even among experts. Pressure found close to 17% of the survey’s 1,100 respondents — or 187 individuals — reported finding errors in 50-90% of the PDF files that they encountered. Another 25% of respondents — or 275 people — reported finding errors in 10-50% of the PDF files that came across their desks.
But as technology has advanced, an increasing number of solutions exist so learners, professionals, and users of any kind can navigate PDF processes with ease. In fact, Research and Markets reported the Global PDF Editor Market is anticipated to reach 2.94$ billion by 2025, up from 1.94$ billion in 2020 — representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.68%.
Steps to Edit PDF Text With Tools From Kdan Mobile
With the PDF Reader from Kdan Mobile, individuals and students can read, annotate and edit PDF documents directly — where editing text content inside PDFs is as easy as editing text content within a Microsoft Word document. These solutions are compatible with multiple operating systems, including:
We’re taking a closer look at the steps to edit PDF documents, depending on the operating system you use.
- Empower your mobile workforce
- Edit, convert, and read PDF documents
- Available on iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows
Enhance your productivity now!Download
Editing text in PDFs on Mac
Add and remove text:
- First, open the PDF and click ‘Edit’ from the top menu bar to reveal the editing tools.
- Then, click ‘Edit Text’ to enter the text editing mode.
- After this, place the cursor where you want to insert or delete existing text.
- At this point, you can add, delete or replace the existing text by pressing the backspace button on your keyboard.
- Once you’re done, click ‘Save’ to exit editing mode.
- To complete the process, click ‘File’ > ‘Save’ or ‘File’ > ‘Save As’ to save the edited PDF.
Change text size and color:
- Open your PDF file and switch to the text editing mode.
- Drag your cursor over the text to be modified and select it.
- Right-click on the selected text and choose ‘Font Size’ or ‘Text Color’ from the right-click menu.
- Now, you can set up your preferred font size or color for the selected content.
Editing text content on Windows
Add and remove text:
- First, open a PDF and click the ‘Edit’ button from the top menu bar. After this, choose ‘Text Edit’.
- The PDF Reader can recognize editable blocks of text within PDF documents. When it comes to editing a text area, move your cursor over the area you want to edit and click it.
- Then, you can use your keyboard to add, edit and replace the original content as you see fit.
- When you finish editing and want to exit the text editing mode, click ‘Save As’.
- PDF Reader will create a new copy to save it in the “Text Edit” folder.
Change text size and color:
- Open the PDF and switch to the text editing mode.
- With the PDF Reader, you can edit and change the size and color of the text you want modified in PDFs.
- Drag the cursor over the text you want to modify to select it. Then click either the ‘Text Size’ or ‘Text Color’ buttons to edit PDFs.
The Benefits of a Streamlined PDF Editing Process
Advanced digital solutions, like the PDF Reader, ultimately offer a variety of users valuable benefits as a result. These include:
- Helping working professionals read and edit together with ease: Switching between apps and software at work can be time-consuming and burdensome. Leveraging a one-stop-shop solution for your document needs at work can help you store your recent documents, share them on the cloud and read and edit workflow — saving you and your team members significant time along the way.
- Improving accessibility for all users: The expansion of remote learning and work-from-home opportunities has led to a significant increase in the use of electronic means to learn, go to work, telecommute and get business done digitally. Solutions like the PDF Reader provide comprehensive document management capabilities to improve accessibility and control for all users.
- Learners utilizing PDF documents without interruptions: Because of their versatility and compact size, PDFs are an incredibly popular choice for education purposes — from textbooks and tutorial guides to online tests and lecture slides. Students can use PDF solutions to do peer reviews, edit classmates’ papers or make last-minute changes to their group’s assignments, all while avoiding a strenuous editing process or the need to switch between applications. This is a critical opportunity for learners to improve their efficiency and save valuable time.
- Providing greater convenience: PDF editing, reading, and annotating are not limited to professional or educational settings. When you need to edit a PDF at home, or anywhere else, solutions like the PDF Reader can help you enjoy a convenient, all-in-one workflow for personal document management. Take previously made or designed documents and edit them directly with custom improvements and changes just for you.
The Smarter Choice for PDF Text Edits
The PDF Reader from Kdan Mobile is designed to help users streamline some of their most arduous PDF processes and boost productivity along the way. With this comprehensive solution, individuals and learners can do more than edit PDF files, but also read, convert, merge and sign them with ease.
Our PDF solution, built to fit all of your Mac and Windows devices, can ultimately help you:
- Edit text content in online documents.
- Sign and fill a PDF form digitally and considerably more efficiently.
- Store documents in a centralized location — to mitigate the risk of losing anything important.
- Leverage a simpler and more eye-friendly reading experience.
- Convert PDF files from and to an editable document.
- Add security to documents as you go.
Kdan Mobile is dedicated to giving users an improved PDF experience while offering a host of digital solutions to upgrade your reading, research and efficiency. Read more about ways digital solutions can help you work smarter or explore other solutions from Kdan Mobile here.
Designed for the increasingly mobile workplaceGet Started