Many people associate the word “sustainability” with nature and the environment. Unquestionably, any contribution to sustainability has to be “environment-related.”
However, the concept of sustainability is quite broad. For example, the United Nations has established 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG 17) for individuals and businesses to anchor their sustainable efforts. These goals include social, environmental, legislative, and educational initiatives that can contribute to sustainable development.
And SDG4 aims to ensure equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning. Thus, for businesses that would like to start putting efforts into ESG, SDG4 is a great goal to use to integrate into your business models.
In this blog, we will look at the top digital transformation trends in the education industry to watch out for in 2022 and understand how real-life educational institutions are going digital and creating online classrooms, one ‘lesson’ at a time.
Top 4 Digital Technologies in Education Industry
1. The Increasing Adoption of Chatbots in Education
One of the easiest and quickest ways to kickstart your digital experience in education is through chatbots. Chatbots can be integrated within messaging apps like Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp, custom school apps, or even the school’s website. Teachers can add chatbots to the school’s website for students to provide feedback on presentations, offer access to a bibliography, share examples during lessons, and help notify the class about changes or updates.
In summary, the website chatbot is particularly useful for:
- Enhanced communication and personalized outreach: Boosting interaction between the professor and shy students as the latter can directly communicate with the teacher without having to “speak up.”
- Feedback loop: Building a real-time feedback mechanism wherein students receive instant feedback on assignments and tests.
- Instant access to accurate study material: Accessing referenced documents/articles/biographies in an instant makes studying more productive and practical.
- Timely and effective communication: Sending motivational/informational messages and alerts to students before exams, informing them about curriculum changes, or assisting in project management. Likewise, cloud phone systems can be used to facilitate communication between all parties as well.
- Increased student satisfaction: Empowering students to self-serve by encouraging them to actively use the tool and seek out answers.
2. Mobile Apps for the Win
It’s essential to have a classroom that’s equipped with appropriate digital learning methods that allow students to access through both mobile phones, tablets, and desktops. Mobile apps, like those in the Creativity 365 Suite, help classes create interactive teaching materials and train digital skills. Specific benefits include:
- Enhance classroom atmosphere: Mobile learning apps create an enjoyable learning atmosphere. It lets students brainstorm creative ideas together and create intriguing digital presentations to present online.
- Engage with the students: Students can make interactive presentations in class or showcase digital portfolios and share their work.
- Making students tech-savvy: Since technology is transforming rapidly, students must take an interest in technology. They develop self-learning skills, which can be one of the essential abilities in their career life.
3. AI & Big Data can Offload the Staff Workload
Source: Document AI by Kdan Mobile
AI & Big data can help teachers and administrators keep track of students’ progress in real-time. Universities and schools can leverage AI for systems, which eliminates the possibility of partiality when scoring students and, more importantly, uses data to match a student’s learning style with that of a teacher’s teaching style. The role of AI is growing day by day. You may have heard even AI in the capital markets. AI and big data help in all areas. Other valuable applications of AI in education include:
- Simplifying administrative tasks, such as the admissions process.
- Drafting “smart content” to make the learning experience information-rich by including virtual content like video conferencing, video lectures, etc.
4. Personalized Education: The Big MVP of all Learning
Whether you call it customized learning or adaptive learning, every modern educational customized learning or adaptive learning, every modern educational institution aims to ace this strategy. Offering the students access to a more personalized education can make the overall process rich and productive. Students can take charge of their learning by controlling the pace of study.
- Access wide-ranging learning style formats (read: flashcards, gamification apps, videos, among others) to make the learning process fun, creative and interactive.
- Set individualized goals as per their competency.
- Access on-the-fly quizzes and updated lesson plans thanks to the dynamic tools that allow personalized learning to be a reality.
Digitizing the educational process is no longer limited to using interactive whiteboards, specialized tablets, or front-facing projectors.
Digital transformation in education plays a much more significant role in driving a positive (and productive) change for students, shaving off some of the workloads for faculty, and enhancing the educational process through intelligent technology.
We at Kdan Mobile aim to help students and teachers achieve a sustainable learning journey with our products and services. And we offer a special 50% off education plan for all students and faculty, claim this offer today to kickstart your digital transformation process!