(2) Personal Data means any data that may be used to directly or indirectly identify a person, such as the name, user name, password, email address that you provide to us (collectively, “Personal Data”).
2. Data Collected
(1) Contents provided by users:
When you register to become a Kdan member, we will ask you to provide certain Personal Data for the registration, including but not limited to your email address, name, and password.
When you use the Services, we will collect the content that you create, upload or receive from others, including but not limited to the files you upload to Kdan Cloud, notes, documents and signing tasks that you create through use of Kdan products.
(2) Information collected through applications, browsers, and devices when using the Services:
You may manage the categories of information that we collect, to a certain degree, through methods including changing the settings of browsers and devices.
(3) There is certain information that it is necessary you provide us to facilitate the contract for the Services. This includes, personal data that is used to register your account. If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform our obligations under the contract.
3. Purpose and Use of Data
(1) Provision of Services
We will use the data collected to provide Services, including but not limited to: recording detailed information related to the electronic documents and work process for electronic signatures when you use DottedSign to perform signing tasks, as well as contacting you through your contact information when you submit comments or questions to us. We process this information to provide the services in the contract between us.
(2) Personalized services
We process the data collected to learn how our users use our Services and resources, and to provide personalized services. We process this data for our legitimate interests of improving our Services, and your legitimate interest to receive a tailored service.
(3) Send newsletter or marketing information to subscribers
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will send newsletters or marketing information to you via email. It is our legitimate interest to market similar goods and services that we think would be of interest to Users. Users may cancel the subscription to newsletter at any time, and you may find details regarding how to cancel the subscription in the bottom of our emails.
(4) Manage special activities on our websites
If you participate in activities such as raffles, competitions, surveys, and special offers on our websites, we may use the information provided by you to manage or conduct such activities. We process this information for our legitimate interest to run these activities, and the Users' legitimate interest to access and participate in the activities.
(5) Improve our Services
We may process information gathered from research and/or analysis. This is our legitimate interest to improve our service experience, and to enhance the safety and stability of our Services. It is also the Users' legitimate interest to receive a secure and improving Service.
4. User Rights
(1) Through the “Contact us” page on our websites (https://www.kdanmobile.com/contact), you may make an inquiry of, review, request a copy of, supplement or correct, demand the cessation of the collection, processing or use of, restrict the use of, and request the deletion of your Personal Data. Where you have the right to data portability under Article 20 of the EU and UK GDPR, you may request that we send the information you have provided to us in a format that can be read by a computer, to another organization designated by you.
(2) If you request Kdan to stop, or restrict, collecting, processing, using your Personal Data, or to delete your Personal Data, we may be unable to continue to provide the Services, or unable to provide a complete experience of the Services, pursuant to your request.
5. Safety Measures
(1) We will adopt appropriate protection, storage, and process mechanisms and safety measures to prevent your Personal Data from being stolen, altered, damaged, lost, or leaked.
(2) Our websites follow the PCI vulnerability standards to provide a safe environment to our users through our best efforts.
(1) You may alter or delete most of your Personal Data stored in the Kdan account, including but not limited to: the files you upload to Kdan Cloud, the notes and documents you established through Kdan products.
(2) Kdan account information:
Kdan account information includes your email address, name, and password. This information will be retained until you delete your Kdan account or until your Kdan account expires due to any reason.
If you use the same Kdan account to connect to multiple Kdan products, then we will retain your Kdan account information during the term that you continue to use your Kdan account to access or subscribe to any of Kdan products.
If your Kdan account belongs to any team subscription plan, Kdan will continue to retain your Kdan account information until your Kdan account is removed from such team subscription plan (please note that the team administrator’s permission is required for you to be removed from a team subscription plan).
If you wish to delete or stop using your Kdan account, you may contact our customer service through https://www.kdanmobile.com/contact. Please note, once your Kdan account is deleted, all files stored on Kdan Cloud will be permanently removed. Also, as Kdan products and services are connected to your Kdan account, once you delete your Kdan account, you will no longer be able to use any Kdan products or services through such deleted account. It will also be impossible to restore information stored in the deleted account.
(3) Information related to DottedSign signing tasks:
If you use DottedSign to conduct signing tasks, the deletion of such signing tasks (including Personal Data therein) must obtain consent from all related persons (if any). Otherwise, we may choose to retain the information related to such signing tasks for protection of the interests of related persons.
Kdan is not responsible for the storage of the information related to DottedSign signing tasks. Users must download and retain information related to DottedSign signing tasks upon the completion of such signing tasks. After all persons related to a DottedSign signing task have ceased to use DottedSign, we may choose to delete all information related to such signing tasks.
(4) Information stored in Kdan Cloud:
If you subscribe to Kdan Services and obtain cloud storage space in accordance with your subscription plan, once your subscription expires, we may choose to delete any files you store in Kdan Cloud after sixty (60) days starting from expiration date. To learn more about our subscription expiration policy, kindly refer to our Terms of Service under the title “Subscription Expiration”.
(5) To comply with laws and course of business (including but not limited to regulations and accounting procedures), or to provide services related to Kdan products, we will retain your Personal Data to the extent necessary.
7. Information Sharing and Disclosure
We will not share users’ Personal Data with any third party unless any of the following circumstances is applicable:
(1) If we have obtained your prior consent, we may share information with third parties within the scope of your consent.
(2) To comply with laws and lawful requests of government agencies, we may share Personal Data with third parties.
(4) We may share generic and aggregated statistical information with our business partners, trusted affiliates,and/or advertisers for the purposes as stipulated under Article 3.
(5) We may share information that is aggregated or de-identified such that it cannot be reasonably used to identify an individual.
(6) We may disclose, sell, trade, and/or rent generic and aggregated statistical information to any third party, as such statistical information is aggregated or de-identified, and is not personal information, which may include but is not limited to application name, install/uninstall date and time, locale (Country), and other statistical information that is aggregated or de-identified so that it cannot be reasonably used to identify an individual.
(7) To carry out our applicable Terms of Service (https://www.kdanmobile.com/terms_of_service), including to investigate users’ potential abuse of our services, and to deal with safety and technical issues, we may share Personal Data with third parties.
(8) If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, we will continue to adopt measures to protect the confidentiality of Personal Data, and will notify affected users before transferring any Personal Data to a new entity.
8. Third-party Websites or Services
(2) Our websites, applications, and Services may use services such as YouTube API services (including but not limited to that users may upload videos to YouTube through such services). Users must carefully review the relevant terms below before using such services:
(3) We utilise automated processes to provide emails and notifications to Users depending on events that occur when using our Services, as well as determining the User's access level and operating a Chatbot.
We employ a third-party to facilitate User payments. This incorporates automated decision making to block high-risk payments.
9. Team Administrator’s Liabilities
(1) Team Administrators of Kdan’s team subscription plan(including the payer for the fees of such team subscription plan, and the administrator appointed for each team) hereby warrant that its/his/her management and use of the Personal Data contained in the Kdan accounts that belong to such team subscription plan is in compliance with local regulations (including but not limited to the Personal Data Protection Act in Taiwan, the GDPR in EU).
(2) Team Administrators hereby agree to indemnify Kdan, from and against any damages (including but not limited to attorney fees, legal expenses, the settlement costs Kdan pays to third parties, and any amount the court awards to third parties) arising out of or in any way connected with any claim made by third parties (including the individual Kdan account users that belong to a team subscription plan) due to its/his/her unlawful acts.
10. Data Transfers
If your Personal Data is transferred to a third country or organisation, we will ensure there is either an adequacy decision in place, or in the absence of an adequacy decision we will implement appropriate standard contractual clauses to ensure the security of your data.
12. Right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority in your country. If you do have any concerns about how we have handled your data we would kindly ask that you contact us in the first instance, before you speak to the supervisory authority, so that we have an opportunity to put things right.