Are you looking for the option to edit the text in PDF files? If yes, go through the article and ensure the best ways how to edit the text in PDF files.
Part 1: Introduction
The Portable Document Format, or PDF, is well known for its features and advantages, particularly when you have various business requirements. But what if you made a typo or entered the business provisions incorrectly before submitting your contract to your client? The option to edit the text in PDF files can redeem you in this situation. This article will outline the top three methods on how to edit the text in PDF files.
PDF files retain their layout when accessed from any device. Thanks to this convenience of PDF technology, you can edit the file whenever you need to. However, you must be familiar with the various operating systems on your device to edit the text in PDF files. Before presenting the PDF file to your client’s table, we’ll demonstrate the three best ways to alter it, including replacing the words, adding the texts you missed, and using various other edit options.
Let us show you how to edit text in PDF files seamlessly in three practical ways. Let’s begin!
Part 2: The Best 3 Ways to Edit Text in PDF Files: Explore the Effective Methods
Way 1 – Edit Text in PDF Files Using Microsoft Word (For Windows)
If you are a Microsoft user and sitting with your desktop or laptop opening the PDF file and utterly clueless about how you can add or change a few words inside your file, learn the process here. Microsoft Word allows you to make the necessary changes whenever you feel it’s essential. Before starting to proceed, make sure you save the PDF document in your system storage, and you can open it in a Word file.
How to Edit Text in PDF Files?
Do these steps carefully:
Step 1: Visit File > Open
Step 2: Locate the PDF and open it ( If it’s not pointed quickly, select Browse, then find the file in your folder)
Step 3: Here, you’ll get a command to make a copy of the PDF and convert it into Word-friendly format. Click on the Ok button to follow the instruction.
Step 4: Now, your PDF is ready to edit. You can make necessary changes and save it as a Word document or PDF. Select which one you prefer from the Save menu and click on the Save as an option in the dropdown menu, then proceed with the Ok button.
Note: You might not get the perfect page-to-page access as the conversion may break the lines and pages of the file. Further, if your manuscript includes the book’s chapters or pages, it cannot be formatted well in Word. Hence, you cannot perform the edit task.
Way 2 – Edit Text in PDF Files with Mac Preview (For Mac)
Unlike Windows users, Mac users too can edit text in PDF files. Thanks to Mac technology, you can have Preview, an in-built Mac app that allows you to edit your PDF files anytime you want. If you wish to make a few changes here and there in your PDF file before submitting it to your client, you can follow the below steps. It’s simple and easy.
In the Preview app, there are different steps to annotate, add signatures or add images in PDF. We will show you accordingly.
How to Edit text in PDF Files with Mac Preview?
Follow the instructions carefully:
Step 1: Upload the PDF file by visiting Preview through the Finder or Docking station. Click on the icon and add your PDF file by dragging and dropping.
Step 2: Open the file to make the necessary changes. You can copy the text after tapping on your document and selecting Text. For example, if you want to move the copied text to Clipboard, click on “CTRL + Click.”
Step 3: Start Editing with the “T” button in the Preview app which you need to drag the pointer to the correct area on your PDF file, create a text box and select the “A” button to enable the font options
Step 4: Annotate your PDF file by clicking on the “Notes” button to create annotations. Tap on the area you want the notes to appear to add annotations. You can drag the mouse and make the necessary annotations.
To maximize it, tap on the Annotations. Click on the View within the Preview window to view the notes you’ve added.
Step 5: Select Images and Objects through the Tools menu; under it again, the text selection option enables you to select images and objects in your PDF file.
Step 6: Add a signature to your PDF file by tapping on the Signature from Toolbar and selecting “Create Signature.” You can do your signature on plain paper and place it in front of your device camera. Now Shift it and put the sign at its proper place on the screen, then click Accept. Your signature is ready.
Step 7: Save all the Changes by clicking on the Export option to save the document. You can further save your desired format and location of the file you’ve edited.
Way 3 – Best Way to Edit Text in PDF Files on Mac and Windows Devices Using Kdan PDF Reader
When you’ve different devices, you should be free to edit the text in PDF files on a desktop with Kdan PDF Reader. The highly PDF-productive software is compatible with Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android. You can edit your PDF file on any device with Kdan PDF Reader on Windows and Mac devices. The software brings today’s professional meet after introducing many valuable features that leave no stone unturned, from reading-friendly PDF mode to sign, edit, security, conversion, and many more. You can rely on the tool to perform any task regarding your PDF file, save and mail it to whom you want.
- Empower your mobile workforce
- Edit, convert, and read PDF documents
- Available on iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows
Enhance your productivity now!Download
How to Edit text in PDF Files with PDF Reader?
1. Open a PDF and click “Edit” from the toolbar.
2. Then click “Edit Text” to switch to the text editing mode.
3. PDF Reader recognizes editable blocks of text within PDF documents. To edit a text area, move your cursor over the area you want to edit and click it. Then you can add or delete the existing text using your keyboard.
4. Click “Save as” to exit the editing mode. All edits you made will be saved to a new copy, and you can choose a destination to save the file.
Why Kdan PDF Reader is the Best Option?
Kdan PDF Reader offers an extensive range of features that you can take advantage of in any situation when you need a reliable PDF tool. The array of features enables many benefits, including:
- You can Annotate your PDF file by marking the text and adding comments.
- You can edit the text in PDF files by adding, removing, or replacing the text without exporting the doc to Microsoft.
- Reduce your PDF file size with PDF Compressor without losing quality but saving storage on your device
- You can insert a PDF stamp in your PDF file, double your credibility among your clients; even you can customize the stamp with text or images to promote your Brand through your PDF document.
- You can re-arrange your PDF pages with the help of a PDF page editor. You can opt drag and drop option as well.
- Secured your PDF files with the PDF Encryption feature. You can remove passwords or security settings from PDFs when the purpose solved
- Merge several PDF files and make them into one to save the storage and organize your work as well
- A wide range of PDF conversions is available, including one format to PDF or vice versa. You can convert your PDF to Microsoft Word, Excel, or PPT files.
- You can change the PDF background color as per your eyes strength to read the file comfortably.
- Compatible with iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac.
Kdan PDF Reader has all the apt solutions for modern PDF needs. Above all, the software is reliable and compatible with different operating systems, ensuring a smooth PDF workflow at your organization. Install the software and avail its maximum benefits to smoothen the PDF workflow at your end.
To Sum Up
The PDF format is the most reliable in the modern professional world because of its layout, encryption option, and many other advantages. It’s simple to access, and any device can use it to view your PDF file. However, you can already learn the best ways to edit the text in PDF files. The good news is that using Kdan PDF Reader-like software is a very thrilling and intuitive experience. Now, you can edit text whenever you need to in PDF files. For example, you can set up Kdan PDF Reader to ensure the efficiency of your PDF system and stabilize your professional growth.
Designed for the increasingly mobile workplaceGet Started