In the past, adding your signature to an official document involved printing out the document, signing and scanning it, and emailing it back to the intended recipient. Luckily, evolving technology has brought about a much simpler and faster way to do this.
With the use of digital tools on the rise, we’re taking a closer look at how you can leverage advanced solutions, like the PDF Reader from Kdan Mobile, to streamline the PDF document signing processes moving forward.
The Growing Use of Electronic Signatures
Technological advancements and the COVID-19 pandemic quickly led to a significant surge in the use of electronic signatures — with in-person interactions in decline and work-from-home opportunities on the rise. According to Prescient & Strategic Intelligence, this accelerated growth is expected to continue, with the global e-signature market projected to reach a nearly 26.6% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2021 to 2030.
The difference between an electronic signature and a digital signature
It’s common to assume the terms digital signature and electronic signature are synonymous, but this isn’t the case. Understanding that these solutions aren’t interchangeable, it’s equally important to recognize what makes them distinct.
A digital signature is a kind of electronic signature that is more secure and tamper-proof — to encrypt and protect PDF documents. This type of signature often requires a digital certificate to be associated with the document, which plays a primary role in identity verification. The cryptographic nature of a digital signature helps key parties:
- Verify the authenticity of a document and its source.
- Confirm the identity of the signer.
- Guarantee no changes were made to the signed document.
An electronic signature, or eSignature, on the other hand, is typically more similar to a digitized handwritten signature verified with the signer’s identity. eSignatures encompass a much wider range of definitions and forms than digital signatures — including any electronic symbol, process, or sound associated with a record or contract that the interested party intends to sign. With an electronic signature, the signer is ultimately indicating their intention to accept a contract or agreement’s terms and conditions, making it considerably easier to use but of less value.
Steps for Signing PDF Documents With Tools From Kdan Mobile
While the growing use of electronic and digital signatures has considerably simplified the official document signing and completion process, signing a PDF online can still be more difficult than necessary. Individuals and students can utilize the PDF Reader from Kdan Mobile to guarantee an easy and efficient process. These solutions are compatible with multiple operating systems, including:
We’re taking a closer look at the steps for signing PDFs online, depending on the operating system you use.
With the PDF reader from Kdan Mobile, you can sign contracts, agreements, and invoices on the touchscreen or trackpad of your Mac desktop or laptop. With the signature tool:
- Open the PDF document you intend to sign and click ‘annotation’ on the top menu bar to reveal all of the annotation tools at your disposal.
- Click on the signature option — which will give you access to your signature library, where all of your signatures are stored. Or, you can right-click on where a signature needs to be added and choose an option from the context menu.
- Look at your existing signature styles and choose the appropriate signature option from your library. Or, create a new one by signing on the trackpad, importing a signature image, or typing your name.
- Note: the signature will attach to the digital document.
- Drag and resize the signature to your desired location or specifications and click sign when you’re ready to complete the agreement.
Ready to sign any PDF using your Windows PC? Using our PDF Reader:
- Open the digital document or PDF file you intend to sign and click the signature tool from the menu bar.
- Select an existing signature you saved or create a new one.
- Sign PDF documents with your finger, a stylus, or a computer mouse depending on your device. If your Windows PC supports touch screen, you can sign on your screen directly.
- Resize and drag your signature where you want it to be placed in the signature field and click sign.
The Features and Benefits of the PDF Reader
eSignatures are quickly proving to be a considerably more efficient and convenient method for creating contracts for business, binding documents, and agreements. By introducing more advanced solutions for singing PDF documents online, organizations can benefit from:
- Greater accessibility: Considering the growth of remote learning and work-from-home opportunities in recent years, more people are using electronic means to learn, go to work, telecommute, and get business done digitally. In fact, a report from Apollo Technical found that 66% of companies now allow remote work at least some of the time — emphasizing the need for digital solutions that simplify tedious workplace processes. The PDF Reader is a powerful document management system allowing businesses to conduct agreements and contracts with eSignature tools — anytime, anywhere.
- Improved in-person signing: The growth of remote work certainly hasn’t eliminated in-person business. When meeting customers, clients, or other key parties, you won’t need to bring a stack of paper documents. Instead, use PDF Reader to organize your contracts, agreements, and clients — and simplify the signature process. This solution helps you digitize your existing paper workflows and support a wide variety of document types, with signatures for all.
- A wider range of applicable documents: The PDF Reader is a powerful solution that allows users to sign any document type from any location — across virtually all devices. With Kdan’s library of template documents, you can quickly produce high-quality, signed, fully enforceable documents when needed. Use eSignatures with PDF Reader to open your file, maintain perfect formatting, and sign or request signatures with the built-in signing tools.
With the PDF Reader from Kdan Mobile, you can quickly and easily eSign PDF documents at any time from anywhere in the world, which will prove increasingly essential as the global digital transformation continues.
Level-up Reading and Research Efficiency With Ease
The PDF Reader is ultimately a valuable productivity solution for individuals and learners, allowing users to easily edit, convert and sign PDF documents. With advanced solutions from Kdan Mobile, you can:
- Take advantage of an eye-friendly reading experience
- Keep documents together in one place to optimize organization and reduce clutter.
- Sign and fill PDF forms paperlessly and significantly more efficiently.
- Edit text in PDFs with ease.
- Add security to a PDF file.
- Convert PDFs from and to an editable document.
Kdan Mobile provides a host of valuable digital solutions designed to bring your reading, research, and efficiency to the next level — from the PDF Reader to Markup and other solutions. If you’re ready to streamline the PDF signing process, choose the PDF Reader with the most value for you and your team. Or, explore other solutions from Kdan Mobile to boost your productivity and unleash your creativity.
- Empower your mobile workforce
- Edit, convert, and read PDF documents
- Available on iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows
Enhance your productivity now!Download