More, more, more!
This seems to have been the slogan of companies and digital content creators in recent years.
In an era that’s becoming increasingly competitive and concerned about excess, the idea of “more and more,” as it relates to creating content, should be replaced with “more…but better.”
Why is it so important that companies learn how to create better content? According to SOURCE:
- 80% of users who can’t find a particular piece of product information will abandon their shopping cart
- 87% of shoppers will never return to an online store displaying poor content
- Another 87% of users do not trust brands that provide only a little information
Content consistently proves itself to be one of the most important factors for brands and companies positioning themselves in the online (and offline) market by boosting their visibility, popularity, and trustworthiness.
According to a Shotfarm study of 1,500 users, the quality of product information is directly related to sales conversion. Poor content creates greater distrust in customers, increases the number of product returns, and leads to fewer conversions in the store or on the website.
Four Key Factors for Improving Your Business’s Content
Lacking time, personnel, or other marketing resources might limit your output options, but the following practices are easy to implement and can get you on your way to creating effective:
Share Better Images
Sharing appropriate visuals can take something abstract, like a brand or service, and cement a specific image in your customers’ eyes. Even if you sell something tangible, images showing the product’s design or how it’s used in real life can drive home points to prospective buyers.
The modern consumer is bombarded with images across different digital mediums on a daily basis, increasing the need for your company to share more, high-quality, visuals to convert. Studies show that a consumer needs to see an average of 3-5 images before they consider making a purchase vs. three images a few years ago.
When creating/sharing images, be sure to include:
- High resolution images displaying product features
- The best way to automatically enhance images’ resolution with special image quality enhancer
- 360° rotation or zoom options
- Scenarios for using the product
- Looking for a quick way to create images? Try using Smart Mockups
- Quick view function
Video content is increasing in popularity: recent statistics show that 72% of people prefer video over text when learning about a product or service.
The following can be effective types of video content on your website and/or social media feed:
- Tutorials and demos of use
- Customer interviews
- Corporate stories
Your website visitors and the Google search algorithm alike both benefit from strong descriptions. Moreover, using the right descriptions will help work your growth hacking tools more effectively.
Be sure to make your text original, and include these features in order to stand out:
- Title using keywords
- Complete and creative description
- List of features
- Instructions for use, including warnings, recommendations and contraindications
- Technical specifications
- Comparisons with other products
- Recommendations for complementary products
Quality content is enriched with keywords, whether visible or invisible (metadata).
Analyze keyword performance and online search trends by geographic area, time of year, and demographic characteristics such as age or gender. It’s best to try different strategies with longer keywords, new combinations and groups that don’t have much competition.
What are Immediate Steps You can Take to Achieve Quality Content?
We’ve just thrown a lot at you. As you work to improve the content you create, here are some first steps you can take:
- Find out what factors are important for visibility and sales conversion in your industry. Maybe your content will improve in quality with more video, better text, or more accurate SEO like local SEO…
- Look for third-party tools that help monitor your content’s effectiveness. A PIM (Product Information Management) Solution, like Sales Layer PIM, can help by automating content enhancement and assist with distribution on your different channels.
- Find the right content creation tools for you, content writing services like Crowd Content might help you out significantly if you’re struggling. There are many useful and affordable creative tools to explore.
There are various types of podcasts that you can create, depending on your business’s needs. Interview-style podcasts are a great way to talk to industry experts or customers about current events. In addition, a podcast can also function as an audio blog post. Business-related podcasts can be made to discuss relevant topics. In any case, you can use audio production software to record and edit pro-quality podcast episodes for almost free.
Try leaving evolving beyond the “more for more” strategy and instead focus on well-considered, high-quality content. You can also polish your content creation and marketing skills by attending digital marketing courses in institutes. Taking such courses will improve your skills both as a content creator and as a digital marketer. If you have any other tips for content creation, leave a comment below!