PDF files are a popular format for sharing documents because they are universally accessible and maintain their formatting across platforms. PDFs also have the ability to be password-protected and encrypted. However, there may be times when you might want to remove the password protection from a PDF file. This could be because you want to share the file with someone who doesn’t have the password, or because you want to edit the contents of the file. In this article, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide on how to remove password protection from PDF files using a PDF password remover software or an online tool.
What is a Password-Protected PDF?
A password-protected PDF is a document format that requires a password to access its content. It adds security by encrypting the PDF and can include different types of passwords, such as an open password to open the file or permissions password to restrict actions like printing or editing. Password-protected PDFs help safeguard sensitive or confidential information and control access to the document.
Why Remove Password from PDF
There are several reasons why you might want to remove password protection from a PDF file. A common reason is that you need to view and edit the content from password-protected PDF documents. Whatever the reason may be, removing password protection from a PDF file can be a simple and straightforward process with the right tools and guidance.
By using a reliable PDF reader or specialized software with password removal features, you can regain full access to the document, making it easier to work with and share as needed. We recommend using Kdan PDF Reader, which is a popular and easy-to-use PDF editor that offers efficient solutions for removing password protection from PDFs. With Kdan PDF Reader, you can conveniently remove PDF password protection, whether it’s the owner password or user password protection, and gain full access to your documents on your favorite platforms.
- Empower your mobile workforce
- Edit, convert, and read PDF documents
- Available on iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows
Enhance your productivity now!Download
8 Ways to Remove Password from PDF Files
One of the most effective ways to remove password protection from a PDF file is by using PDF Reader software. If you have the correct password, you can easily remove password restrictions and regain access to your PDF file in just a few simple steps. Whether you need to remove a permission password that prevents you from printing, editing, or copying the contents of the file, or an open password that restricts access to the file, Kdan PDF Reader is an all-in-one PDF solution that has got you covered.
How Do I Remove a Password from a PDF without Adobe Acrobat Reader?
If you’re looking to remove a password from a PDF file without relying on Adobe Acrobat Reader, a popular PDF password remover like Kdan PDF Reader can be an excellent choice. Kdan PDF Reader offers an all-in-one solution that not only allows you to remove passwords from PDF files but also provides efficient solutions for all your PDF editing needs. With its easy-to-use PDF editor, you can conveniently modify the content of your PDF files.
Kdan PDF Reader is compatible with both desktop and mobile devices, making it accessible on your favorite platforms. By utilizing this trusted PDF password remover, you can efficiently and securely unlock password-protected PDFs, ensuring a seamless and hassle-free experience.
How to Remove Password from PDF on Mac
First, we’re introducing the steps to removing passwords using Kdan PDF Reader on Mac.
- Launch the Kdan PDF Reader software on your Mac.
- Open the password-protected PDF file you want to remove the password from.
- If the file requires a password to open it, enter the correct password and click “OK” to open the file.
- Once the file is open, click on the “Security” button in the toolbar.
- In the drop-down menu, select “Remove Security.”
- If the file has a permission password, you will be prompted to enter it. Enter the permission password and click “OK.”
- The PDF Reader software will then remove the password protection from the file and save the changes automatically.
- You can now view and edit the contents of the file without any password restrictions.
How to Remove Password from PDF with Mac Preview
If you don’t have a specialized PDF Reader software, the alternative method is to remove password protection from a PDF file on a Mac using the Preview app that comes pre-installed on your Mac. To do this, simply open the password-protected PDF file with Preview, the built-in PDF viewer, and enter the correct password, and then follow these steps:
- Go to “File” and choose Print icon
- In the print options window, click on the “PDF” button in the lower-left corner of the window.
- Select “Save as PDF” from the dropdown menu with the in-built virtual printer
- In the “Security Options” dialog box, make sure that there is no password for printing added to the file.
- Click “OK” to remove the password protection from the file in Preview.
Once you have completed these steps, you will have successfully removed the password protection from the PDF file and can now view and edit its contents without any restrictions.
How to Remove Password from PDF on Windows Desktop
To remove password protection from a PDF file on your Windows desktop, follow these steps:
- Open the password-protected PDF file using Kdan PDF Reader. Please note that when you open a PDF file with PDF Reader, the software will automatically create a new copy of the file within the app.
- Enter the password when prompted to unlock and view the PDF file.
- On the toolbar, click the “Security” button, and then select “Remove Password” from the menu bar.
- PDF Reader will then save a new copy of the file without password protection in the “Encrypt & Decrypt” folder within the file list.
By following these simple steps in PDF Reader, you can easily remove password protection from a PDF file on your Windows desktop, allowing you to access and modify the file without any restrictions.
How to Remove Password from PDF on iOS Devices
To remove a password-protected file on your iOS device, you can use Kdan PDF Reader on iPhone and iPad. By removing security from PDF documents, you not only remove the password protection but also the restrictions on editing, printing, and copying. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the password-protected PDF file in PDF Reader on your iOS device.
- Enter the password when prompted to unlock and view the PDF file.
- Tap the “More” icon located at the top right corner of the screen to access additional editing tools.
- From the menu, choose “Remove Security” to initiate the process of removing password protection from the PDF file.
- PDF Reader will then create a new copy of the file without password protection, which will be saved in the file list for easy access.
How to Remove Password from PDF on an Android Smartphone
- It’s easy to remove password protection from a password-protected document on your Android smartphone with PDF reader.Open PDF Reader on your Android device and locate the password-protected PDF file you want to remove the password from.
- Tap on the PDF file to open it. You will be prompted to enter the password before you can view the contents.
- Enter the correct password for the PDF file and tap “OK” or “Unlock” to access the document.
- Once you have successfully opened the PDF file, look for the “More” button located in the top right corner of the screen. Tap on it to reveal additional options.
- In the menu that appears, select the “Remove Password” option. This action will initiate the process of removing the password protection from the PDF file.
- PDF Reader will then create a new copy of the PDF file without the password protection. The new copy will be saved in the “Encrypt & Decrypt” folder within the file list of PDF Reader.
- You can now access the newly created copy of the PDF file, which no longer requires a password to open or view its contents.
By following these steps, you can easily remove password protection from a PDF file on your Android device using PDF Reader.
How to Remove Password from PDF with Online Tools
If you prefer to view PDF files without software or use an online tool instead, there are several options available. Here are some popular PDF password remover to remove password protection from a PDF file:
- Smallpdf: Smallpdf is a popular online tool that lets you remove password protection from a PDF file for free. Simply upload your file, enter the password if prompted, and download the unlocked file.
- PDF Candy: PDF Candy is another free online tool that lets you remove password protection from a PDF file. In addition to removing the password, you can also edit the file, merge multiple files, and more.
- Adobe Acrobat: Adobe Acrobat is a paid PDF Reader software, but it also offers an online tool called Adobe Acrobat Online that lets you remove password protection from a PDF file. You’ll need to create an Adobe account to use the tool.
How to Remove Password from PDF Using the Print Function
Removing password protection from a PDF file can be achieved using the print function available in web browsers or built-in PDF viewers. This method is convenient and accessible as it doesn’t require any additional software installations.
To remove password protection using this approach, open the password-protected PDF file in your preferred web browser or PDF viewer. When prompted to enter the password, provide the correct password to gain access to the file. Once the PDF is open, navigate to the “Print” option either through the browser’s menu or the PDF viewer’s interface.
Instead of sending the document to an actual printer, select the option to “Print to PDF” or “Save as PDF.” This process generates a new copy of the PDF without password protection, allowing you to freely work with the file, share it, or apply further modifications. By utilizing the printing functionality of browsers or built-in PDF viewers, you can efficiently remove password protection from PDF files without the need for additional software.
However, if the PDF document is prohibited from printing during the encryption process, an advanced PDF password remover software is required to decrypt the document.
Additional Tips and Tricks for Working with PDF Password Protection
Unlocking the full potential of working with PDF passwords involves knowing various tips and tricks to enhance your experience. In addition to adding password protection, there are additional techniques and features that can further optimize your workflow. By exploring these tips and tricks, you can streamline your document management, boost productivity, and ensure the security of your PDF files.
How to Add Passwords to Encrypt and Protect a PDF File?
Adding password protection to your PDF files can provide essential security and control over your sensitive information. By using a professional PDF editor with a password protection feature, such as Kdan PDF Reader, you can ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your documents.
With the ability to set an open password and a permission password, you have full control over PDF password security, determining who can access the document and the actions they can perform. The open password acts as a barrier, preventing unauthorized users from viewing the document without entering the correct password. Meanwhile, the permission password grants you the authority to set permissions and restrict actions such as printing or editing.
By encrypting your PDF files with password protection, you can confidently share and distribute your documents while maintaining the desired level of security. Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your PDFs by leveraging the power of password protection.
In conclusion, removing password protection from PDF files allows for seamless access and editing, facilitating easy collaboration and sharing. Utilizing reliable PDF software, such as Kdan PDF Reader, streamlines this process and enhances your overall PDF management experience. With its efficient password removal feature and comprehensive editing capabilities, Kdan PDF Reader is a highly recommended solution.
Designed for the increasingly mobile workplaceGet Started